Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes from the Parish Council Meeting - September 2006
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk.
1. Parish Council Meeting Dates. The Council have agreed to return to meeting on the third Wednesday of each month. All meetings are held at Orchard Close Community Centre and are public meetings.
2. New Parish Councillor. The Parish Council are pleased to announce that Wendy Barrett has been co-opted onto the Council following the resignation of a Parish Councillor in June.
3. New Planning Committee. The Council have agreed to establish a Planning Committee to consider planning applications on behalf of the Council. Planning Applications that are considered sensitive or involve major developments, and any other application at the discretion of the Chairman, will be referred to the full Council.
4. Community Land Development. Further discussions are due to take place with the architect on the provision of community facilities (bowling green and community building). The Development Control Committee is being reformed to continue work on these developments.
5. Northwest Cambridge Exhibition in Girton. A public exhibition of the Area Action Plan for Northwest Cambridge will be held at The Pavilion on the Recreation Ground on Friday 6 October, 2-8.30pm. The exhibition will highlight the key issues and options that the Councils have identified for consideration. It will also provide an opportunity to view the masterplan work carried out for the NIAB sector and the NIAB Headquarters. Cambridge County Council's Transport Strategy will also be on display.
6. Girton Corner. The Parish Council have finally received a plan it can approve but are still unhappy with some of the safety implications. Further discussions are taking place.
7. Play equipment repairs. The Recreation Ground Committee have approved repairs to play equipment at the Recreation Ground highlighted by a recent safety review, subject to approval of expenditure by the full Parish Council. Equipment to be repaired include the swings, cradle seat swings and the slide.
8. Forthcoming meetings. The next Parish Council meetings will be held on Wednesday 18 October and 15 November at Orchard Close Community Centre. The meetings will begin at 7.30pm.