Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes from the Parish Council Meeting - December 2006
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk.
1. Girton Corner. Representatives of the Parish Council and Girton College attended the November meeting of the Traffic Area Joint Committee and put the case for the proposed safety measures. The Committee decided to do a full safety audit and consider the matter again at its next meeting.
2. Hedge Planting Scheme. If you could plant a 100m hedge SCDC are offering free advice and a subsidised pack of hedging for £50. Details are held at the Parish Council office.
3. Temporary Signs for Community or Charity Events. The County Council have advised us of their policy on road signs for community or charity events. Two weeks' notice must be given before erecting any signs. Such signs must be well away from junctions and must not impede visibility. They must not be erected for more than seven days before the event and must be removed immediately afterwards. Village events must not be advertised outside the village boundaries. Further details can be obtained from the Parish Council office or by ringing County Council Highways on 0845 045 5212.
4. Littering at Bus Stops. The Parish Council have exchanged correspondence with IVC regarding litter dropped by students whilst waiting for the school bus. The school have agreed to make their students aware of the problem and request that they dispose of their litter in a responsible way.
5. Parish Council Meetings. On rare occasions it is not possible for the Council to hold meetings in a public location. Even when meetings are held in private homes we welcome the presence of members of the public at all Council and Committee meetings.
6. Forthcoming meetings. The next Parish Council meetings will be held on Wednesday 17 January and Wednesday 21 February 2007 at Orchard Close Community Centre. The meetings will begin at 7.30pm.