Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes from the Parish Council Meeting - May 2008
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk. The full minutes may be found here.
1. Co-option of new councillor. The Parish Council are pleased to welcome John Thorrold as a new member.
2. Withdrawal of school bus service to Impington Village College. We approved unanimously a letter to the County Council objecting to the removal of the school bus service for children living within 3 miles of IVC, on the grounds that we consider Gatehouse Road not to be safe for walking or cycling. Support was expressed for the parents' campaign group GOSH and Councillors said they were impressed with the quality of the campaign.
3. Cycle route through Wellbrook Way. At a meeting in early April Officers from the District and County Councils expressed approval of the route from the south-east end of Wellbrook Way to Thornton Close proposed by Councillor de Lacey. We shall now work on detailed plans to put this route into place.
4. Meeting about the A14 upgrade. A representative from the Highways Authority and one from contractors Costain Skanska spoke to the Parish Council at the April meeting. We were assured that the total width of the road will not be increased but plans are still at an early stage and we were promised a second meeting in December or January. Work will not start on the first section until the end of 2010 with a view to completing the whole scheme (Fen Ditton to Ellington) by 2015.
5. Vandalism at the Recreation Ground. The Council are concerned about the repeated vandalism to the fenced-off multi-use games area at the Recreation Ground. The fence has been cut on several occasions. The MUGA is kept locked to stop people from damaging the surface (for example with unsuitable footwear) and we do not want this valuable resource to be spoiled for our users. If you see any signs of vandalism please report it to the Clerk straight away and we will endeavour to prosecute the offenders.
6. Annual Parish Meeting. This meeting will be held at 8pm on 8 May 2008 at the Cotton Hall. This is an opportunity for you to express your concerns for our village and to involve yourself in the way the village is run over the next 12 months. As in previous years a Societies Fair will be held before the meeting from 7.30pm. This is a chance to see what is happening in the village and perhaps to join groups you didn't know existed. Please will members of the Societies book their tables with the Clerk.
7. Forthcoming meetings. The next Parish Council meetings will be held on Wednesday 21 May (AGM) and Wednesday 18 June at St Vincent's Close Community Centre. The meetings will begin at 7.30pm.